Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Cover Me, I'm Going In

38 days to deadline and just this morning the plot of The Ghost of Granny Apples took an unplanned detour. Thing is, it's a GREAT detour, one that will enhance the story and excitement. But it also means going back through the earlier part of the manuscript and tweaking it to set up the new twist.

What to do? What to do?

Hell, I know what I need to do. I need to go down the rabbit hole the plot just opened up and see where it leads. To not do so might leave a better book unwritten.

But as the March Hare said: "I'm late. I'm late. For a very important date. No time to say hello, goodbye. I'm late. I'm late. I'm late."

Or in my case, it's:

It's due. It's due. The manuscript is due. No time to tweak ideas and change. It's due. It's due. It's due!

See you folks at the other end of the rabbit hole!

No comments: