Sunday, June 22, 2008

Too Pooped to Pop

I think it’s safe to say I got my fair share of exercise this weekend, a weekend with above-average temps in Los Angeles.

Saturday I met new friend Carrie to walk 5K. Like me, Carrie is on a mission to lose weight and participate in the 2009 Camp Pendleton Mud Run. We didn’t know each other before this quest. Carrie was doing an Internet search about the Mud Run and stumbled upon my blog post about it. We connected, and now are training pals. She’s super. A mother of teens and a veterinary technician, Carrie has already lost 65 lbs of her 100 lb weight loss goal. She’s a true inspiration to me.

As if Saturday's 5K wasn't enough, on Sunday I was drafted to play softball. Yes, me! You can read all about that adventure on today's Inkspot.

I gotta lay down. I'm pooped.


Liz said...

This actually has very little to do with your post, which I just happened to stumble across. But my mom (she's almost 82) used to say "too pooped to top" all the time! And I don't think I've heard it in years, and years.

Loved your photo of your pet (I assume it's your pet) and, since you have an animal in the photo I feel compelled to tell you about this great book on animals you might love. It's My Seven Years in Captivity and it's by the former head of PR with the famous San Diego Zoo. It's great summer reading and is a most interesting look behind the scenes at the zoo.

Happy walking!

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Sorry, Liz, but that's not my pet in the photo. I have 2 cats and they are much larger than that little guy, though they do conk out with abandon like that.

Thanks for stopping by and for the great book recommendation!