Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Last night, Weeds, my favorite TV comedy, returned for it's 4th season on Showtime, and it did not disappoint. I rushed home from work to catch the 7pm showing so I wouldn't have to wait until 10pm. I nuked a Lean Cuisine pizza and settled on the sofa with dinner and the cats and soaked in every bit of this quirky, irreverent, and beautifully written show.

This season the show made a drastic change by taking Nancy Botwin and crew out of the suburbs to a fictional beach town situated near San Diego. Most of the 30 minutes of the first episode involved the set-up for the change and left me wanting MORE and NOW.

Also this season, several favorite characters are gone, but the legendary Albert Brooks has joined the cast as Nancy's father-in-law. As always, he was brilliant.

As I've blogged before, I love the shows on the cable channels, but this is my absolute fav. It's my Cherry Garcia in a world of vanilla. It's so well written and the humor so cutting edge that I come away from the tube humbled, and not just a little like a hack with regard to my own writing.

Geez, it's a long time until next Monday!

1 comment:

Aimless Writer said...

OMG, I love this show. We just changed out cable package and no longer get showtime. :(
A couple times a year they make showtime free then I watch all the Weeds in one day. And I buy them when they come out on video.
I'm so jealous!