Monday, April 14, 2008

Every Damn Year!


This morning I finished my taxes. Yup, THIS MORNING. April 14th, at 7:49 a.m.

I do this to myself every year. And every year I tell myself that NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE DIFFERENT. Next year I will be done ahead of schedule. Next year April 15th will be just another day in my life. Yet, every year it’s the same. Every year I’m a last minute Lulu.

Of course, I tell myself, I’m too preoccupied with other issues to get to my taxes in a timely manner. Things like book deadlines, book promotion, travel for books, my day job … car fires.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. It’s not like I didn’t know this day was coming. I’ve had 365 days of knowing.

But, just as with my manuscripts, I NEVER miss a deadline!

Death and taxes? More like manuscripts and taxes.

Hurry up, George W., and send me my rebate!

No comments: