Friday, February 22, 2008

Surpised and Shocked ... But In a Good Way

Thugs and Kisses, the third book in my Odelia Grey mystery series was released just a couple of weeks ago. And I mean just a couple of weeks ago. So imagine my shock and surprise when I received an e-mail from Becky Zins, my production editor from Midnight Ink, telling me the book was about to go into a 2nd printing! Yes, a 2nd printing. Seems they've just about run out of the 6,000+ copies they had initially printed.

And I've hardly begun my promotional push!

Both Too Big To Miss and The Curse of the Holy Pail went to 2nd printings, but not this quickly. This is like the speed of light.

Thank you, everyone, who helped make this wonderful news a reality!

On another front, Barbara Moore, my editor at Midnight Ink, e-mailed me shortly after with the editorial committee's requested changes for Epitaph Envy, the 4th book in the series, due out in one year. There weren't very many changes, which is grand since I'm on a tight schedule to work on The Ghost of Granny Apples.

Also, another country was heard from. My agent, Whitney Lee, sent me her suggested revisions for God's Apology, the non-mystery novel I recently finished. Her suggestions were fabulous and will greatly improve the manuscript. I just have to squeeze it in between the other books I'm working on. Oh, yes, and the day job.

Advice to all budding writers: Never underestimate the suggestions of a good editor or agent. They see things in your work you are too close to the product to see. Always consider their recommendations and, in most cases, adopt them. It can be the difference between a good book and a great book.

Guess I'd better get to work!


sparkly_jules said...

All hail editors!!!!




Felicia Donovan said...

No big surprise to me for such talent. You go, Girl! You're on your way.