Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Flu Be Gone!

It's back to work today after being off ill since Wednesday. I had so many plans for this past long weekend, lots of writing, organizing the apartment, etc., all of which went by the wayside to tend to this flu bug. I'm feeling much better, but still very tired. But heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I go!

Yesterday, along with about 24 other women at the Biggest Loser Club, I started a 30 day weight challenge called the Blarney Challenge. Basicially the challenges are contests for a set length of time to see who can lose the most weight in a month. We take turns hosting it and this month it's my turn. I've offered the prize of the winner's name as a character in one of my next books. I've been futzing around with my diet for the past 2 weeks, not paying much attention to it since the launch of Thugs and Kisses. I gained a bit after Seattle but then the flu took care of the gain. Nothing like being sick for losing weight. Anyway, yesterday when I weighed in for the challenge, I was exactly where I was 2 weeks ago - still with my 15 lb loss. I'm shooting for at least another 10 lbs during this challenge, which ends March 17th.

Worked a bit on Granny Apples this weekend, but it's so difficult to write when your head is stuffed and foggy. I'm sooooooo looking forward to getting back on schedule again. Had a couple of long and encouraging phone conversations with fellow authors this weekend. It's always nice to connect and support each other in this madness.

Special shout out to friend and fellow author Margaret Fenton who e-mailed me to announce she'd just landed a 2-book deal with Oceanview Publishing! Way to go, Margaret!!

2 comments:

Aimless Writer said...

As I sit here munching my potato chips (Hey! They're reduced fat-I'm trying) I applaud your Biggest Losers club. I love that show! I've got food issues to be sure. Not to mention exercise aversion. Question: How do you keep motivated?

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

I just keep asking myself "How bad do I want it?" Meaning the weight loss, not the chips, cookies, mac 'n cheese, etc.

It's the same battle cry I use when writing when I'd rather be doing something else. And it applies to any goal.

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

If you want something bad enough, you'll make heroic efforts to obtain it.

Thanks for leaving the comment. :)