Thursday, January 31, 2008

Measuring Progress - Part I

Today is weigh-in day and I didn't lose a single pound this week. Sigh. But then I didn't gain anything either, which is a good thing. Four weeks after starting my new healthier lifestyle, I am 14 pounds down, so that's a very good thing!

One month after setting my 2008 goals, here's where I stand:

Goal to lose 100 lbs - 14% completed.

Goal to finish The Ghost of Granny Apples before its deadline of August 1st - 6% completed.

Goal to finish Fifty Can Be Fatal before its deadline of January 1st - 3% completed.

Finished editing God's Apology (goal left over from 2007) and sent it to my agent this morning. Yea!

Now it's time to turn full throttle on Granny and Odelia .

LAUNCH PARTY REMINDER - And don't forget the launch party for Thugs and Kisses this Saturday, February 2nd, 5:00 pm, at the Mystery Bookstore, 1036C Broxton, Los Angeles, CA (Westwood).


Keith Raffel said...

3% completed or .03% completed? On 70,000 words the former means 2100 words written, the latter 21 words.

Wish I could be there for the launch party. Knock 'em dead (but only after they have purchased.)

Diana said...

You're looking slimmer already! Check out that sassy cover of Thugs and Kisses. Yeowww!

Can't wait for the launch on Saturday.

sparkly_jules said...

Congratulations Sue Ann on the 14 lb. loss. I know how difficult that is. I'm starting WW next week myself. *sigh*

Can't wait for the new book. You've come a Looooong Way, Baby.

Jules (Susan's Niece)

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Thanks, Keith, for pointing out the error of my percentages. It's now fixed. I would HOPE I have more than 21 words written!

And hey, Jules!!!! SO NICE TO SEE YOU!

Aimless Writer said...

Congrats on the 14! Now tell me how you did that.
(please don't say exercise!)

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Aimless, I'm following Weight Watchers Flex Plan. It's easy to follow and there is no special food. After one month, in addition to the weight loss, I feel much better overall because my choices have been healthier. I do get moderate exercise, but nothing hard core or demanding. Though I want to start a regular program now that I have the food issue down pat.