Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No, I didn't fall overboard on my weekend cruise, but as soon as Christmas was over I went back to working long hours at the law firm and long hours on Epitaph Envy. And somewhere along the way I managed to catch a nasty head cold. We were struggling at work with the deal that wouldn't close, but finally it did during a 7:00 a.m. conference call on the 31st (yes, yesterday I was at work at 7 a.m. for said call). Talk about barely making a year-end deadline!

But then I know something about year-end deadlines. Today and tomorrow I'll be in the final throes of editing Epitaph Envy and sending it off to my publisher. It's in pretty good shape, but it's still stressful enough to make my hair fall out. In November I was actually ahead of schedule, then the year-end crunch at work hit and my writing schedule went to hell in a hand basket.

I'm taking the rest of this week off and will need it to detox from all the stress. As soon as the manuscript is done and gone, I'll be back to blogging regularly, including uploading a photo from the cruise. I also plan on cleaning out a closet and catching up on some reading. And somewhere along the way I'll be examining my goals for 2007 and setting new ones for 2008.

Wishing you all a healthy, happy and productive 2008!

No comments: