Friday, November 30, 2007

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

With about a month left until I must hand over Epitaph Envy to my publisher, I got bogged down in the ending. Still, I was on target to have it done, not only on time, but a bit early, as long as the characters and the plot line cooperated. As usual, I had the whole idea worked out. And as usual, my characters told me “No way, Jose.” [Sigh] What’s an author to do?

My muse, the ghost of Selma Diamond for those of you recently joining this blog, has not taken her duties seriously in the past few months. I don’t know if she’s found another writer to assist, or if maybe she’s walking the picket line with the Writers Guild of America, but she was AWOL. At least until Thursday morning when she miraculously showed up, shook me awake, and showed me the new game plan for the ending of Epitaph Envy. I, in turn, showed it to my characters. They unanimously approved it and now we’re back on track.

Thank you everyone – Odelia, Greg, Steele, Zee, etc. Can we get back to work now? Huh, can we?

Not so fast. Just as I found myself ready to plunge back into the writing frenzy of the last few chapters, I also found myself on a conference call at work which led to a few new projects and the possibility of traveling for the office. This month. In the next few weeks. Before my deadline. With the holidays and my birthday cruise in the mix.

If you don’t hear from me for awhile, it’s because I’m spending every waking moment I’m not at my day job pounding the keyboard. Even though I’m still on target for an early finish, I’m still playing beat the clock. This time it’s against something that might happen.

31 days left.

1 comment:

JeanC said...

I've declared your blog to be Llamalisious, so come on over to my blog and get some Llama love! :D