Saturday, October 06, 2007

86 Days and Counting - Yikes!

When I woke up this morning, a stark reality hit me between my runny eyes and stuffy nose … there are only 86 days (aka 12 weeks and 2 days) until Epitaph Envy, the fourth Odelia Grey novel, is due to my publisher. I started the week feeling a bit under the weather and ended up with some gawd awful flu that kept me out of work a few days and away from writing the entire week. I’m still a yucky mess but today the plan is to work as much as I can between naps and hacking up a lung. Don’t these germs know I have a deadline to keep?

So, where am I in the manuscript? A lot further along than I was last year at this time with Thugs and Kisses, so that’s progress. Still, I’m starting to feel the crunch, and that translates into kicking other things aside, like some social events and leisure time. I only have 2-3 book events in the next few months and will not be adding any more.

My self-imposed goal is to have the entire manuscript done by Thanksgiving and turn the final and proof-read manuscript into my editor by the time I leave on my birthday cruise on December 21st, a whole 10 days early. It’ll be tight, but goals like this seem to fire me up.

Another reality is the looming deadline of August 1, 2008 for The Ghost of Granny Apples. I’ve never had to do a book every six months before, so this will be a great test of my organization and sheer will. I already have a couple of chapters completed for Granny Apples and will be adding to it while I complete Epitaph Envy.

So, please excuse me while I take another dose of drugs and hit the keyboard.


Cynthia said...

Good Lord SOMEONE close bring this woman chicken soup and lots of fluids!!!I am sorry you are feeling poorly my dear. We out on the East Coast are anxiously awaiting the next book! No pressure, no pressure {type! type! don't take time to read this, create!} With cyber soup and tissues, and real wishes for a speedy recovery...
Cyn and the rest of the Rielley's

Jeff Sherratt said...

Please get well soon!

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Thanks for the get well wishes! I am on the mend and returning today to the day job ... and, of course, my writing.

Moe said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!