Thursday, September 20, 2007

Turning Lemons Into Womenade

Felicia Donovan, my friend and fellow Midnight Ink author, has a new book coming out, and like all authors is going through the angst of early reviews. Almost all of the major reviews of Felicia's The Black Widow Agency have been highly favorable ... that is, until her review in Kirkus. For those of you not in the know, Kirkus is one of the review entities that can make or break a book. It's right up there with Publishers Weekly and Library Journal. So when Kirkus called The Black Widow Agency a "bitch-a-thon," Felicia wasn't about to take it like a wimp with a broken nail.

Instead of bitching, Felicia is standing firm with a Bitch-A-Thon Campaign. For every copy of The Black Widow Agency purchased between October 1, 2007 and October 1, 2008, Felicia is personally pledging to donate a portion of the profits to her local chapter of Womenade.

You can read Felicia's entertaining rant about the Kirkus review today at Inkspot.

I'm marking my calendar for October 1st and lining up to purchase The Black Widow Agency.

You go, girl!

2 comments:

Felicia Donovan said...

A million thanks, my friend, for the cross post, but I have to tell all of your fans out there that you were a large part in encouraging me to turn those lemons into lemonade. Sue Ann and I broke bread during her New England visit and she also encouraged me to turn this around to make good of it. Hopefully, a few others in need will benefit as well.

Felicia Donovan

dianaojames said...

Wow!!! I love it when women support their "fellow females"!!
When we come together, we can accomplish anything.
I'll be in line right behind Sue Ann on October 1.
Way to go,
Diana