Friday, September 14, 2007

The Birthday Book Boat

Forget the Love Boat, come sail with me on the Birthday Book Boat!

Friday, December 21, 2007, is my 55th birthday, and to celebrate I’m taking a weekend cruise with my good friend Susan aboard Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas. The cruise leaves Los Angeles and travels to Ensenada, Mexico and back. I can’t wait!

But here’s the really fun part. Royal Caribbean is giving me time on Sunday, December 23rd, to talk to passengers about books and mysteries. My birthday and I get to talk about books -- now that's what I call a celebration!

If any of you mystery fans are thinking about taking a short cruise before the end of the year, consider this one. Not only am I planning a fun talk and will have books available for sale, but attendees will have an opportunity to win door prizes.

When you get there, look for me. I'll be the one with the green face holding a piña colada and humming the Love Boat theme while waiting for the Dramamine to kick in.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

"I'll be the one with the green face holding a piña colada and humming the Love Boat theme while waiting for the Dramamine to kick in."
With a description like that, how could anyone refuse??

Kathryn Lilley said...

What a fabulous-sounding birthday celebration, Sue Ann! I must learn to stop hiding from birthdays, and learn to enjoy them!

Kate Thornton said...

I want to come with you! Lety me check my calendar!!!!

Niina C said...

Hello!

Following a link in www.WritingForums.com I found Midnight Ink Blog and saw your Odelia books.

I read the 1st chapter of your second book and ABSOLUTELY loved it!

I have to say I truly admire your writing, and I thank you for bringing big girls to great books. :)

Greet, Niina C