Saturday, August 04, 2007

The PMC is a Family Affair

I've written several times on this blog about the Pan-Mass Challenge. For you newbies, the PMC is the nation's most successful charity bike ride with 99 cents of every dollar going directly to the Jimmy Fund for cancer research.

As a family, the PMC is very personal. My nephew Tom has ridden in it for several years, even before he was diagnosed and successfully treated for testicular cancer. We are deeply thankful to the PMC and the photos here showing my niece Lindsay and my other nephew Derek holding signs that say "Because of you my brother is living proof" says it all for each one of us.

The 2007 PMC is happening right now, as I write this. The photos you see here today are hot off the press from Lindsay, and you can see more photos and read about today's events at the blog maintained by Lindsay and her hubby Eric.

It's not too late to still give to this very worthy event. You can donate right online.

Because of you, my nephew is Living Proof.

Thank you.

(photos: top-Tom; middle - Lindsay; bottom-Derek)

1 comment:

dianaojames said...

So glad to hear Tom is riding again this year!
Count me in, I just made an online donation.