Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fat, Funny, Middle-Aged Woman ISO Soul Mate -- Must Love Cats


My guy pal and I are in the process of going our separate ways. It’s my decision and it was a tough one. He and I have been seeing each other for three years. No, he didn’t do anything wrong. No, I haven’t found anyone else.

We care deeply for each other – still do – but while I love him, I’m not in love with him. Perhaps I’m being silly, but the romantic in me says there’s a difference and it’s that difference that I’m driven to seek. Kind of like Frodo and the Ring – complete the mission or die trying.

I’ve had many relationships over the years, was even engaged once. The past few and I have parted and remained friends and I have no doubt this gentleman and I will also. We have become very close and I’ve respected and cared about none of the others as much as I have this man, but it still doesn’t quite feel like the best fit.

At first I thought: Great, I’ll have more time to write and promote my books. But the truth of it is, I know I will mourn the emptiness until I get used to it. And I know that I will want to meet someone else.

Awkkkkk! Back into the pit of dating hell! And at my age! I must be out of my freaking mind!

Yes, I am …

3 comments:

Keith Raffel said...

I am sorry. On a lighter note, perhaps you should spend some time deciding how you are going to figure out which guys are after you because of your celebrity and which because of your beautiful soul. Perhaps ask some of your fellow Los Angelenas how they handled it. You know, give Angelina, Paris (maybe she doesn't care), or Keira a call. Good luck.

writtenwyrdd said...

That's tough. Been there myself. In my case, though, I decided fat, snarky and middle aged and alone was more my thing. The cats like me single, anyhow.

Seriously, it's difficult dating when you are over 40. But at least you can weed out the shallow ones, because they are going strictly for the girls (and I mean that literally) instead of maturity, experience and their own age group!

word veri: gtsxiyuh (get sexy yah) how appropriate!

Marilyn said...

God, I'm sorry. He just wasn't worthy of you. That's all there is to it!

Marilyn T.