Saturday, May 19, 2007

Yo, Adrian!

I love Rocky movies!

I just have to hear a snippet of the Rocky theme music and adrenaline shoots through my body like a double expresso. And every time I accomplish something big in my life, I imagine running up those Philadelphia steps, raising my arms and dancing in triumph. And I know I'm not alone.

The original Rocky was released in 1976 and won the Oscar for Best Picture. Just today I caught the final chapter in the series, Rocky Balboa, on On Demand. It is the first Rocky movie ever that I haven't caught in the theatre. Unfortunately, it was released right as I was madly dashing towards a deadline. But even on the small screen, I wasn't disappointed. What was intended to be a little movie viewing while eating lunch turned out to be a two hour Rocky love-fest.

Well, my extended lunch time is over and I must get back to my writing ... with these inspiring words from the original Rocky playing in my head:

"You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!"

A special shout-out today to all the good folks at Joseph-Beth Booksellers!