Thursday, May 17, 2007

Come On Down ... for The Last Time

Last night I watched the very last show of The Price Is Right ... I had to. To not have watched would have been like not attending the funeral of a favorite uncle.

Bob Barker has been on TV for 50 years. I am 54 years old. I cannot remember when Bob Barker wasn't a part of my TV viewing life. I wrote this past weekend about my mother. Well, Bob Barker was one of her favorite TV personalities and she watched The Price is Right right up until the end, even when she was in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. She never missed him if possible. When I was a young child, Truth or Consequences was a ritual in our home. And Beulah the Buzzer always made me giggle.

Have a happy and healthy retirement, Bob! You deserve it. And thanks for the memories ... oh, that's right, that was a different "Bob."

No comments: