Saturday, May 26, 2007

3-Days in May

Three day weekends are the best! There's no doubt about it.

I slept in this morning and now ponder all the things I want to get done this weekend. In a few minutes, I'll be out the door with a laundry list of errands and chores, then back home to settle in for many many many hours of writing. Yea!

I'm finishing up the proposal for my new series and just received comments from my agent about it. Later, I will be tying up the first draft of Ho Ho Homicide, a holiday short story coming out this fall. I really need to go down to the mall at which it takes place to get a feel for the place and might do that tomorrow. I was also thinking about going into the day job office for a few hours, but we'll see. If I don't go in, it will mean longer hours next week. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons on that.

It's easy for this weekend's real meaning to get lost among the picnics, bar-b-ques, chores and beach trips, so let's all take time to remember why we have a 3-day weekend in May. And if you need a jog to your memory, just pick up the newspaper or turn on a reliable TV news program.

I make no pretense of being in favor of the war in Iraq. I'm not and never have been. But I am in favor of our troops, each and every one of them, and several times this weekend I intend to remember those for who have died for our country over the decades and to say prayers for the safe return of those who are still abroad serving at the pleasure of a madman and his band of thugs and criminals.

Everyone have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments: