Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Thoughtful Valentine

Valentine's Day was yesterday and I hope you all had a wonderful time with your respective honeys. Due to my guy pal being up to his backend in alligators and my having just returned home from a book tour bushed and dazed, I thought our Valentine celebration was on hold until next week. At least that was our plan, to have a lovely Valentine's Day a week after the fact when we weren't so rushed or tired.

So imagine my surprise when I received a Fed Ex yesterday at the law firm and inside was a darling Brighton watch.

As some of you will recall, at Christmas my guy pal gave me the choice of jewelry or an AlphaSmart, and me being first and foremost a writer chose the AlphaSmart. So I was rather floored to receive jewelry for Valentine's Day.

My guy pal says I'm never boring, but I must say he is always full of sweet and thoughtful surprises and that is much more exciting than any watch or flowers.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Awww! What a sweetie you have. That "special delivery" sounds like just the pick-me-up that you needed after a long and hectic book tour.
Glad you had a Happy Valentine's day!!