Friday, February 02, 2007

And So It Begins ... Again

On January 1st I hit the send button on my desk top launching my 3rd Odelia Grey Mystery into cyberspace to my editor at Midnight Ink. On January 2nd I started my well-deserved vacation from writing. Or at least from the part where I put words to paper. You never stop the business of writing, the promotion, marketing and brainstorming. That aspect of writing seems to be on a 24/7 schedule.

But alas, the mental vacation is over and I must once again call forth the spirit of my muse, Selma Diamond, and put her and my fingers back to work. This time, though, on my brand new, handy-dandy AlphaSmart Neo, which is sitting ready, willing and very able to be pressed into service wherever I go.

I'm shooting for 1,000 words a day or 7,000 a week until the first draft is completed. The new project is called Epitaph Envy, the 4th book in the Odelia Grey mystery series. Originally this book was entitled Fifty Can Be Fatal, but when I thought about the plot line, the title didn't fit. I like Epitaph Envy. It has a certain ring to it.

For those curious about the 3rd Odelia book, Mother Mayhem, I recently posted a sampling of the first couple of pages on my website. Mother Mayhem is scheduled for a February 2008 release.

No comments: