Monday, January 29, 2007

Par-Tay!

The launch party for The Curse of the Holy Pail took place on Saturday and, I’m happy to say, it was huge success! Besides a lot of books being sold by The Mystery Book Store (mine and many others), it was simply a fun cocktail party. People from all segments of my life showed up and co-workers, writers, and long-time personal friends mingled easily and the banter was lively. And of course, Diana James and Whitney Lee, my very supportive manager and agent were there, as well as mystery authors like Bill Fitzhugh and his wife Kendall, Jeff Sherratt, Christa Faust, and Kathryn Cheng (Kathryn wrote several Nancy Drew books and recently landed a 3-book deal with Penguin!)

The special guest of the evening was Ish, the grandmother of my co-worker, Stacy Mutrynowski. Ish is a loyal Odelia Grey fan and lives in Oakland. She was also determined to be at my book launch. In her 80’s and toting her walker, Ish flew down to Los Angeles and hoisted her champagne along with the rest of us. Every writer should have fans like Ish!

My baby has been birthed, christened, and debuted. Now it’s time for it to be pushed from the nest to stand on its own two feet in the book world.

2 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

I enjoyed meeting you at the Launch party on Saturday. Let me know where you want me to send the picture of you and Christa.

Aldo

Kate Thornton said...

So sorry I couldn't make it Sue Ann - I was there in spirit, though!