Sunday, January 14, 2007

Break Out the Cigars!

It's official! A bouncing baby book has been born!

The Curse of the Holy Pail, the 2nd book in the Odelia Grey series has arrived. Yesterday I received a box containing my author copies from my publisher and today I noticed that Holy Pail has gone live on Amazon.

Writing is a funny business for many reasons, but one of the oddest things about it is the time line for the business itself. If you write a series, as I do, it seems you are always juggling books like plates on sticks, or maybe it's more like flaming swords.

While I am still promoting the first book, Too Big To Miss, I must now focus on promoting Holy Pail, all while communicating with my publisher about the edits to the newly finished Mother Mayhem, and while embarking on the writing of book 4, which commences in a couple of weeks. (By the way, I recently changed the working title of book 4 to Epitaph Envy.) Fortunately, the promotion of Too Big To Miss will now be folded into the promotion of Holy Pail. And just to keep things interesting, in September I'll be doing research for book 5.
The good news is my editor loved Mother Mayhem, but that doesn't mean she and others at Midnight Ink won't have lots of tweaks and suggestions in the next year.

It's enough to make a gal go cross-eyed ... with joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Way to go!

Rogers Place said...

Nice pages here. Great information. Will visit again and recommend.

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Thanks Roger!