Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Newbie's Guide to the Truth

One of the reasons I enjoy reading other people's blogs is to learn about new people with new ideas. Via Keith Raffel's blog, I discovered JA Konrath's blog, A Newbie's Guide to Publishing. His November 19th entry, Your Daily Motivational, should be memorized by every writer and everyone who wants to be a writer.

And check out the entry just below it entitled Distractions. I was writing for 2-3 hours a day but often found productivity inconsistent. After reading Distractions I found myself shooting for 3,000 words a day plus editing with breaks at about 1,000-1,500. I found the time flew by when I stopped watching the clock and concentrated on the words spilling out onto the page.

Sometimes the other guy does build a better mousetrap.

40 days to ye ole deadline!

No comments: