Wednesday, November 15, 2006

From the E-Mail Bag

A reader recently sent me this lovely poem that she wrote. It's so wonderful, I wanted to share it. Enjoy!

Sue Ann ... I just wanted you to know that there is an outrageous red headed woman in Alabama rooting for you as you write. -- Marilyn Tarvin

WRITING LETTERS

Life is like writing letters,
Where each stroke is pivotal.

I take pen to paper to define myself.
And as the lines flow, connect,
Bend and twist,
So does my life.

From my perspective,
Life seems like a random maze.
But I am really forming letters--
Like a figure skater doing compulsories--
That group together to form the words
That say who I am.

I live my days
Skating on the ball point of life,
Hoping that my soul guides my gliding
Across the seemingly infinite page of time planar.

No comments: