Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What do you read?

August 4, 2006

If you’re like me, you take books with you everywhere, not just on planes or vacation travel. A book travels with me in my tote bag as faithfully as my lipstick and car keys. Like most avid readers, I have a TBR pile – books stacked in a corner waiting to be read. Sometimes they wait patiently for their turn and sometimes they cry like a newborn to be picked up and given attention. I’d like to think I will eventually get through them all, but as the saying goes: So many books, so little time.

Usually, I have two books going at once (and this doesn't count the book I am currently writing). I keep one on my nightstand and read a bit each night, and one I keep in my tote to be read whenever I find myself stuck waiting somewhere, or eating out alone, or during lunch break at work. I can often be found huddled behind the closed door of my office from 12:30-1:30, Monday thru Friday, with my nose in a book and a plastic fork stuck in a Healthy Choice entrée Exciting life, huh?

Because I'm often asked: What do you read? I thought I'd start Read Along With Sue Ann. (Remember the old Sing Along With Mitch TV show? Yes, I am dating myself.) I will post on About Sue Ann at www.sueannjaffarian.com the books I am currently reading and anyone who wishes can read along with me. And feel welcome to e-mail me and discuss the books. I love lively book discussions.

No comments: