Monday, October 30, 2006

Travels with Selma

Yesterday, Selma the muse and I went on a road trip to Santa Barbara and Ojai. It was part of the research I needed to do for the current novel I’m working on, Mother Mayhem. Selma was a great traveling companion and while I drove, she provided me with some fantastic insight to my plot.

But I was worried. If Selma was spending so much time with me over the weekend, would she disappear come Monday, thinking I had met my quota for muse time? Happily I can say that Selma reported for work this morning at 5:30 a.m. I only hope she remembers to come back tonight, and tomorrow, and the day after …

63 days and counting…

10 comments:

Kate Thornton said...

Hi Sue Ann - glad your muse is back at work! Sorry about all the morons (or maybe there were only a couple - ya never know) who clogged your blog earlier.

It was a treat to see you are the LAndmarked for murder launch party. Hope to see more Odelia Grey real soon!

Keith Raffel said...

211 comments. Wow!

Dianne said...

God Bless Selma! Hope you both had a wonderful trip.
I can picture you and that gravelly voiced babe, cigarette hanging from her mouth, as you trek across Santa Barbara in search of "clues".
If you had tried to convince us that your muse was some diaphanous (spelling?) Greek Goddess, we would not have believed you.
Can't wait for the release of Mother Mayhem!!

Miles said...

I, too, have been struggling with my muse.

Kate Thornton said...

Miles, what a great blog!

Johnny Ong said...

good babblings haha

jack richards said...

cool i'm glad. my friend helen is a big fan of yours as well.

blogastistic said...

Will the outcome of this trip end up in another book?? Teehee! LOL Love ur stuff, keep it up!

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Yes, blogastistic, the trip to Santa Barbara and Ojai will be in Mother Mayhem, the 3rd book in the series due out February 2008.

Thanks everyone for your supportive posts.

Harvey_Birdman_attorney_at_law said...

So is your muse supposed to be a figment of your imagination? Why don't you imagine someone helpful as your muse, like Jenny Craig.